LUX We Are More Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd ("the Promoter").
- The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
- The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant's participation in the competition and the participant's receipt/possession of the prize.
- By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
- This promotional competition is open from 15 June 2017 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 31 August 2017 . Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 175g LUX Soap Bar from a participating store in a single transaction Participants must then dial the unique USSD string found in pack on the inside of the bar wrap. USSD rates are charged at 20 cents per 20 seconds.
Once the correct unique USSD string has been dialled, users will be required to follow the USSD prompts, which entails users answering a few easy questions.
On correct USSD completion, users will receive an IVR call back from either Lira, Nhlanlha or Moneoa, congratulating the user on successfully being entered into the competition to stand a chance to win double tickets to the One Night Only Concert.
Once the user ends the call, the user will receive an SMS with a link directing the user to a platform to download the LUX Anthem for Free.
- Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
- Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
- Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and unique code. If the brand feels there is a fraudulent participant, they will be withdrawn from the competition.
- All first unique one hundred and fifty thousand (150 000) entrants will receive an Interactive Voice Recorded (IVR) call back from either Lira, Nhalhna Nciza or Moneoa. After the call back each one of the first unique 150 000 entrants will receive an SMS with a link to a platform to download the LUX Anthem for free. Each valid entry and MSISDN will only receive one free download. Additional downloads will be at the participant's expense.
- R5 Airtime will be rewarded to the first forty thousand (40 000) participants who share the competition via the LUX Platform.
- All participants that submit a valid entry stand a chance to win double tickets to the one night only concert.
- 150 Double tickets to the One Night Only Concert in Johannesburg, valued at approximately R15 000, 00 in total.
- From the 150 double ticket winners, 20 VIP winners also will win flights and accommodation for their attendance at to attend the One Night Only Concert in Johannesburg, for themselves and a partner, to the approximate value of R34 000 (to the extent that the winners are not resident in Johannesburg).
- Any Prize not taken up for any reason within one week of notification will be forfeited.
- 150 participants will be selected as winner (the 'Winner') to receive a Prize.
- The Winner will be required to provide their name, ID number, Copy of their identity document, contact details and to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of double tickets to the One Night Only Concert in Johannesburg. the prize.
- All winners will be selected by means of a random draw by 14 September 2017 and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner once every day for 2 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
- The Promoter will email or courier the One Night Only Tickets to the winner at an email or physical address specified by the winner.
- The 20 VIP Winners and their partners will be required to sign an indemnity form.
- The VIP Prize includes:
- Economy Return flights from a South African International airport to Johannesburg.
- Transfers from the Johannesburg airport to the hotel on arrival and back to the airport on the day of departure;
- One night stay in a standard room at a four star hotel selected by the Promoter; and
- R400 voucher , which is to be used for all meals, beverages and additional entertainment at the hotel. Any additional expenses will be at the winner's own expense.
- Hotel and flights are subject to availability at time of booking.
- The Winner must be in possession of a valid ID book. If the Winner does not meet this condition, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner may be selected in accordance with the above rules.
- The Winner will be responsible for arranging his/her passport, visa and other requirements for entry into Johannesburg. The Winner bears all risks associated with any refusal of entry into Johannesburg. No compensation will be payable if a Winner is unable to use the prize (or any part of it) as stated for whatever reason. Proof of visa must be sent to the Promoter's agent within 1 week of being awarded the prize.
- Should the Winner be unable to redeem the Prize during the specified dates, the Prize shall be forfeited and another Winner may be selected in accordance with the above rules.
- The Prize excludes:
- Passport costs (should the Prize Winner not have a valid passport), Visa costs, laundry, telephone, mini-bars, travel insurance, luggage insurance, gratuity.
- The Winner will need to arrange their own transport to/from the nearest international airport in South Africa on their departure date and when they arrive back in South Africa.
- A full itinerary for the Prize will be supplied to the Winner. Any additional expenses outside of the prize will be for the Winners own expense, and anything, including but not limited to any meal, activity, transportation, additional excursions, accommodation and all other costs and arrangements which are not included in the itinerary will be for the Winner's expense.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for winners and partners missing their return flights to Johannesburg, their transfers to and from the hotel or any additional charges incurred.
- The Winner will be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms.
- A copy of these rules can be found on the following website http://www.houseoflux.co.za/ throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860-572861.
- Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements by 18 September 2017 will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim iffraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
- The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
- In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter's reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
- Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
- All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
- All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
- Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party's copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Participants agree that by uploading their "images" and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.