#WeAreMore Terms and ConditionsLUX South Africa | 24 April 2018
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. Any participant under the age of 18 years must be fully assisted by his/her guardian, who approves of and consents to the participant’s participation in the competition and the participant’s receipt/possession of the prize.
5. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
7. This promotional competition is open from 20 March 2018 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 31 May 2018 . Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
To enter, participants will be required to purchase any 175g LUX Soap Bar from a participating store in a single transaction Participants must then dial the unique USSD string found in pack on the inside of the bar wrap. USSD rates are charged at 20 cents per 20 seconds.
Once the correct unique USSD string has been dialled, users will be required to follow the USSD prompts, which entails users answering a few easy questions.
On correct USSD completion, users will receive a SMS to notify them that they have been entered into the competition. The SMS will provide a link to a micro site where the user can download the LUX song for free.
As part of the USSD journey, consumers have an opportunity to refer a friend into the competition for a chance to win airtime up to the value of R5.
All competition entrants will automatically be entered into the radio competition where they could win their share of R270,000 in total prize money. The participating radio stations are Ukhozi FM, Umhlobo
Wenene FM and Lesedi FM. On each participating radio station, 18 winners will each win R5,000 in cash. Total prize money per station is R90,000.
8. Participants must keep their till slip as proof of purchase.
9. Participants must enter in their correct contact details. If a Winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another Winner in terms of the rules.
10. Participants may enter as many times as they wish provided that each entry is associated with a separate purchase and unique code. If the brand feels there is a fraudulent participant, they will be withdrawn from the competition.
11. All first one hundred and fifty thousand (150 000) entrants will receive an SMS with a link to a microsite to download the LUX Anthem for free. Each valid entry and MSISDN will only receive one free download. Additional downloads will be at the participants expense.
12. R5 Airtime will be rewarded to the first forty thousand (40 000) participants who share the competition via the LUX Microsite.
13. All participants that submit a valid entry stand a chance to participate in the radio competition for a chance to win their share of R270,000 in total prize money.
14. Each radio competition winner will receive R5000, 00 in cash.
15. Any Prize not taken up for any reason within one week of notification will be forfeited.
16. 108 entries will be selected to participate against each other in the radio competition.
a. 54 participants will be selected as winners (the ‘Winner’) and receive a R5000 cash prize.
b. 54 runner-up participants will receive a consolation prize valued at R500.
c. An additional 54 entries will be drawn as back-up contestants, for in case a contestant is not available to participate in the radio competition.
d. All participants will be selected by means of a random draw. The draws will take place every Friday on 20 April , 26 April , 4 May , 11May , 18May and 25 May 2018.
17. All radio competition winners will be selected by the DJs or show hosts through their own discretion and will be notified during the end of the competition. The winner will be required to verify their details.
18. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner once every day for 2 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the Prize Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
19. The radio competition takes place between 09:00 AM and 12:00 midday every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 25 April 2018 to 01 June 2018.
20. The Winners will be required to provide their name, ID number, contact details and banking details from the Bank (where applicable). Where applicable, they will need to sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the prize.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE
21. The Promoter will transfer, or courier the prize to the winner at the details specified by the winner.
22. The Winner must be in possession of a valid ID book. If the Winner does not meet this condition, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner may be selected in accordance with the above rules.
23. The Winner will be responsible for arranging and sharing his/her correct banking account details, visa and other requirements for the delivery of the cash prizes. Proof of banking details must be sent to the Promoter’s agent within 1 week of being awarded the prize.
24. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website http://www.houseoflux.co.za/ throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860-572861.
25. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 weeks will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
26. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
27. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
28. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
29. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
30. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
31. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
32. Where applicable, the prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
34. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
35. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
36. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
37. The judges’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
38. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
39. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
40. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
41. This promotional competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to telephone networks.
42. All participants in this competition release Telkom, MTN, Vodacom and Cell C from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
43. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
44. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
45. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.